How to be Miserable 12.31.23
Believe it or not – 2024 has arrived. It sure seems the older I get, the quicker the years pass by. As we approach this New Year, I’m sure you’ll read and hear a lot on how to be happy and prosperous this coming year. Please allow me to break the mold this week and share how you can choose to be perfectly miserable this coming year:
- Think about yourself.
- Talk about yourself.
- Expect to be appreciated.
- Be jealous and envious
- Trust no one but yourself.
- Insist daily on consideration and respect.
- Never forget a service you may have rendered to someone else.
- Shirk as many personal duties as you can.
- Do as little as possible for others.
- Love yourself supremely.
- Be selfish.
Okay, you probably get the idea. As I have shared many times over the years, my Mom taught me early on in life that the best way to assure “joy” is to make sure you put Jesus first, then others, and they you. J.O.Y. (Jesus, Others and You) what a wonderful way to spell and experience joy! Happy New Year!