Psalm 101 4.30.23
Psalm 101 is a great song of David that expresses 5 “I Will’s.” These are things that David vowed to do and also serve as great reminders to us as well.
- I will sing of love and justice. (vs 1) – When dealing with others, some of us are all love and not justice. Others are all justice and no love. God requires both.
- I will be careful to lead a blameless life. (vs 2) – People are more impacted by your behavior than by your beliefs. Those not persuaded by your theology can still be won by your love and lifestyle.
- I will conduct the affairs of my house. (vs 3) – Charity begins at home. If your family perceives you as joyless and judgmental you’ll never win them to Christ. We need the Lord’s help to act like we should.
- I will not look with approval on vile things. (vs 3) – Get real here. The television is on 7 hours a day in the average home. What are you exposing yourself and your family to?
- I will put to silence all the wicked. (vs 8) – The Living Bible states, “I will not tolerate anyone who secretly slanders his neighbor; I will not permit conceit and pride. What type of slander are we listening to?
Let’s ask the Holy Spirit to help us commit and keep, as our own, these 5 “I Wills” of David as we move forward in our spiritual journey.